- Crystal & Glass Awards
- Desk Accessories
- Gifts & Engravables
- Resin Awards
- Trophies & Cups
- Sports Awards
- Great Deals
- Sign Products
Digital Artwork Requirements
So, engraving is different than printing, and because of that we need a different file type than the majority of logo files you may have worked with.
- The high res files you’ve used to create brochures, signage, or other marketing materials generally won’t work for engraving. Those are Raster File Types, which are composed of a grid of pixels – perfect for printing, but not good for engraving.
- For engraving we need high resolution, but we also need a solid black line Vector File Type. Vector File Types are images composed of connecting lines, points, curves, and shapes. These are the file types needed to scale a logo and retain an sharp, crisp image – which is what is needed to engrave your logo perfectly in on metal, glass, crystal, wood, or plastic.
Acceptable File Formats:
- .AI (Adobe Illustrator), CorelDraw X7, .EPS, PDF vector artwork that has all the text converted to curves or outlines. Adobe Illustrator files should not contain any imported images with an active link.
- TIFF, BMP, JPG, PNG or other Raster images that are black and white camera ready artwork. No Gray-scale.
- Most of our processes require a minimum of 300 dpi resolution.
- Graphics designed for use on the internet will not work for engraving as they are typically 72 or 96 DPI.
- Art should be submitted in the highest possible resolution or VECTOR form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Color art can be used on any products that are imprinted such as plaques, and aluminum plates used with glass awards.
- If specific color matches are required, you will need to provide Pantone numbers to identify each color. There are additional charges for Pantone matching services.
- We can not guarantee exact color matches, but we can come extremely close.
- We are a PC based company.
What If You Don’t Have The File Type We Need?
No worries. We can convert your low resolution files to the file type we need. Sometimes it is a simple conversion, and sometimes we have to completely redraw your logo. The charge to do this varies with the materials you send us, but typical conversions cost between $35-$125 for us to rework. We’ll review your materials and provide you with an estimate for the work. This can be added to your product order. Generally we’ll need two-three days additional for the conversion.